Aoba shares a striking resemblance with his ancestor, with both having feminine features that mistake them for a woman. He has black, shoulder length hair with overlapping bangs and emerald green eyes. However unlike Inosuke, Aoba has a physically smaller build.
As a researcher, he wears a standard uniform consisting of a white button up shirt and lab coat, as well as blue slacks and black shoes.
Unlike his ancestor, Aoba has a timid personality and is incredibly intelligent. Being the botanist in charge of researching the Blue Spider Lily, he held a press conference to apologize to the public for a mistake in their research.
Despite the stark contrast, Aoba has shown a similarity to Inosuke. Following the mistake in his research, Aoba had voiced his wish to "live alone deep in the mountains."
As the Agatsuma siblings make their way to school, Yoshiteru comes across an article detailing Aoba's research. In the article it is revealed that Aoba had discovered that the Blue Spider Lily only bloomed during the day for only 2-3 days per year. However following a mistake in his research, the flowers had withered and Aoba held a press conference to apologize to the public.
Later on Aoba can be seen worrying over possibly being fired for his mistake, and weeps wishing that he could move deep in the mountains to live alone.
- Although never explicitly stated, it is heavily implied that Aoba is the great-grand child of Inosuke and Aoi Kanzaki. This is for a number of reasons, the most prominent of these being that:
- Aoba shares the romaji spelling of the first part of his name with Aoi (however, the "ao" in "Aoi" and the "ao" in "Aoba" are written using different characters). Given that Sumihiko Kamado, Kanata Kamado, Toko Agatsuma, and Yoshiteru Agatsuma all share parts of their names with their ancestors, it is possible this is also the case for Aoba.
- Aoba works in the field of science, much like Shinobu Kocho did back in the Butterfly Mansion where Aoi lived.
- Aoba has jet black hair rather than hair that fades from black to blue like Inosuke's, the same as Aoi.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Chapter 205 (Page 8).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Chapter 205 (Page 25).