|“||I'm a nice guy so I can't just leave you alone.||”|
He appears as a young man, age 20, with pale white skin and silver hair, adorned with a crimson cloth on the top. He has rainbow-colored eyes with the kanji for Upper Moon (上弦) on his left eye and his rank (弐) engraved in his right.
His attire consists of a blood-red shirt with a light golden belt and baggy pants with a striped pattern. Draped over his shoulders is a cloak, black and purple in color. On occasion Doma may be seen with a black, crown-like hat with golden accents that is equipped with long, flowing black ribbons on either side, and as a weapon, he is equipped with twin fans, made out of gold with engraved lotus designs and strands of jade-colored strings flowing from the end of the fans.
He is outwardly friendly, possessing an approachable and charismatic air, yet undeniably deadly and calculating. Under the belief that he is saving women from their suffering, Doma would not hesitate to devour his followers and other young women, and while he may appear caring toward his comrades, he truly doesn't feel genuine grief after their deaths.
As revealed by Kanao, Doma is quite nihilistic and devoid of any human emotion; he even admits that the entire concept of emotion itself is completely alien to him despite living for over a hundred years. As he has acknowledged that this behavior is abnormal Doma instead compensates his empty "heart" by lying and pretending that he "feels" anything, having become skilled enough to deceive others. These traits implies that Doma is a psychopath: he shows a general lack of empathy since he was a child, despite an outward charismatic appearance.
Doma is also an atheist, claiming that Gods, Buddhas and the afterlife or paradise don't exist despite being the leader of a religious cult. He believes that after death is nothing and that people who "could not accept something so simple" are dumb.
It is not until his own death that Doma shows some small changes, such as believing in Hell and Heaven (which he hadn't believed in prior to this), and - for the first time - having genuine albeit brief feelings akin to a first sign of a romantic interest, particularly toward Shinobu.
Doma was made into a religious leader of a cult known as Eternal Paradise when he was born, often being revered for his beautiful eyes. Even as a demon, he is still the leader of the cult. When he was still a child his mother had a psychotic break and killed his father by stabbing him "a lot" due to jealousy for continuously lusting after his female disciples. Then, she then poisoned herself in front of Doma. Despite this series of events happening in front of him, he only felt annoyed and disgusted by the strong pungent smell of blood. After his parents' deaths, he met Muzan Kibutsuji a few years later who then turned Doma into a demon when he was 20 years old.
As a demon and a member of the Twelve Demon Moons,where he was initially given the position of Upper Moon Six, he encountered the siblings Gyutaro and Daki, the latter having been severely burned, while in the Red Light District,feasting of the female Geisha's . Noting that she was near death, the Upper Moon offered to turn the pair into demons, challenging them to join the Twelve Demon Moons and become Upper Moons themselves.
Much Later Doma raised up in the ranks and became Upper Moon 2, although by what means is unknown. He encountered and fought Kanae Kocho, where he successfully inflicted mortal wounds on her. He planned to devour her, but was stopped and forced to retreat due to the rising sun.
It is later revealed that Doma also has a brief shared history with Inosuke. Out of pity, he took in his mother, Kotoha, and her son, who was still an infant. Having zero intention of eating her because of the lasting impression she made, Doma kept her by his side, as he thought her to have a beautiful appearance and singing voice in spite of her stupidity. When she found out about him killing and eating his female followers, she immediately panicked and accused him of being a monster and fled.,Doma eventually caught up to her when she lost her way in the woods and ended up on a cliff, killing and devouring her "to the bone",Although Kotoha was able to save her son by throwing him down the cliff and into the river that then swept up downstream to safety,Although Doma initially assumed he was killed and mocked both him for living a "short and pathetic life" and his mother for being so stupid and foolish.
Having been summoned to a gathering of the Upper Moons, Doma questioned Akaza's lack of concern for him, placing a hand on his colleague's shoulder. He stated his worry for his comrades' safety, before engaging Gyokko in small talk about his pot and the one he had been given. An irritated Akaza told Doma to move his hand, punching him when he didn't immediately comply. Regenerating the damage almost instantly, Doma complimented his fellow Upper Moon, wondering if he had gotten stronger since their last meeting. Soon after, Kibutsuji Muzan arrived, and Upper Moon Two listened as his leader reported Gyutaro's death. Doma apologized, wondering what kind of punishment Muzan would inflict on him, but was instead told that nothing was expected of him.The eccentric Demon questioned this, but Muzan pointed out the continued existence of the Ubuyashiki family and the failure to find the Blue Spider Lily, causing Doma to concede that he wasn't the best at detective work. He later approached Gyokko, eager to accompany him on his new mission, but had the top half of his head destroyed by Akaza for not following their leader's orders.
Doma swiftly regenerated from this, attempting to placate Kokushibo, who had cut off Akaza's hand. Hearing it hadn't been for his benefit, the cheerful Upper Moon noted that his superior's suggestion for Akaza to apply for a bloody battle would be a waste of time and that he hadn't dodged the blow on purpose. He then cheerfully bid Kokushibo goodbye, attempted to engage Akaza in conversation, and once more tried to join Gyokko and Hantengu on their mission. Failing at this, he attempted to flirt with the Biwa Demon, only to be rejected by her. He was then transported back to his home, where he was told that his followers had arrived. Putting on a ceremonial hat, he instructed the messenger to bring them in.
Abilities and Powers
Regeneration - He displayed incredibly powerful regenerative powers, as seen when Akaza, punched off both his lower jaw and his upper head he managed to heal himself with little to no effort and even considered it as a friendly gesture between them,and later during his battle against Shinobu Kocho he managed to break down and render the all of the various poison mixtures Shinobu injected into him useless and recovered with no trouble,and even when he absorbed her body and ingested over 37 kilograms worth of poison(70 times more the lethal),it still took a considerable amount of time before it began to have any adverse affects on him.
Absorption - Doma displayed the ability to completely absorb and devour an entire human body without eating them,having completely broken down and incorporated Shinobu Kocho's body into his own within only a few minutes of killing her.
Blood Demon Art
- Barren Hanging Garden - A series of 8 to 10 successive attacks generated through the movement of Doma's fans, they move rapidly to create gusts of razor-sharp attacks.
- Freezing Clouds - A gust of wind generated by Doma's fan that then creates a cloud of ice particles that freezes objects that it comes into contact with and spreading cold air that if inhaled can completely freeze and destroy the intended victims lungs by simply breathing it in.
- Lotus Vines - Doma creates various ice lotuses to attack or ensnare his target.
- Cold White Princesses - The user creates two female humanoid figures with ice that is able to blow cold wind similar the that of Freezing Clouds to its intended target,However unlike the freezing cloud technique it has been noted by Kanao that this technique has a much larger and wider range.
- Wintry Icicles - Doma creates multiple ice spears/stakes to impale his target from long range.
- Scattering Lotuses - Doma creates a blizzard of ice cubes shaped like lotus petals that he then sends towards his target to tear them to shredds
- Rime-Water Lily Bodhisattva - Doma strongest Blood Demon Art where he creates a large Budhisattva ice statue to attack his targets the statue is also capable of creating powerful cold gushes of wind easily capable of freezing someone to death.
- Doma is likely a natural born psychopath, as his personality lines up with the general description of one since early childhood.
- "How pitiful. Wazzup, wazzup?"Chapter 96, page. 18
- "The girl is going to die soon, right?"Chapter 96, page. 18
- "What we call life is precious. You gotta value it."Chapter 96, page. 19
- "I was super worried about you guys!"Chapter 98, page. 6
- "You're my precious buddies."Chapter 98, page. 7
- "The pot you gave me is in my room. I planted a girl's severed head in it for decoration." Chapter 98, page. 7
- "My only saving grace is being serious." Chapter 160, page. 3