|“||So do you want to become a Demon like me... and maybe join the ranks of the Twelve Kizuki?||”|
As a Demon, Doma took the form of a young man with a moderately toned and muscular body, who is of a notably pale complexion and possessed unusually long, pointed nails that appeared to be stained a pale blue. His hair could appear either silver or a pale golden blond, and he wore it parted to his left, the shorter parts around his face seeming to flare out to either side around his head, curving backwards with one strand left down his face to fall between his eyes, while the longer parts were left to drape centrally down his back in a thinning spiral. His eyes have been described to be incredibly rare and beautiful, as, in color, they appeared to be made up of an array of rainbow pastel tones that fade into one another as they circle his irises, this unusual appearance even causing people to believe Doma is a blessed being who could communicate with the gods. The kanji for 'Upper Moon Two' (or 'Upper Moon Six,' at the time when he first met Gyutaro and Daki) is etched across them, and they were shaped to slope downwards towards the sides of his face, with a set of notably large, thick black eyebrows acting to frame them above.
Doma wore a blood-red turtleneck of a design that made it appear that the section between his neck and upper chest is covered by a black substance that looks like it's dripping slightly down his body, this same design repeated at his wrists and down his hands, as well as on the small, circular "blood stain" he adorned on his head. Below this, he wore a pair of straight, tan-colored pants of a pinstriped design, their cuffs visibly loose, which he secured with a pale green-tinged golden belt, its buckle a bright silver. On occasion, Doma may also have be seen sporting a black cloak, which he drapes around his shoulders, two lengths of purple and black cloth with a rectangular pattern also hanging from it around his neck, as well as a black, crown-like hat which is lined with gold around its frontal plates and has flowing black ribbons dangling from each of its sides. He is also usually seen holding a pair of sharp fans that were made entirely out of shining gold, a lotus design engraved across them and a hoop of jade-colored strings hanging from their bases, which acted as his primary weapons.
Doma is outwardly friendly, possessing an approachable and charismatic air, yet undeniably deadly and calculating. Under the belief that he is saving them from their suffering, Doma happily devoured his followers and other young women. While he may appear caring toward his comrades, he didn't feel genuine grief over their deaths.
Doma is quite nihilistic and lacked human emotion, admitting that, even during his days as a human, the entire concept of emotion is completely foreign to him. Aware that this is abnormal, Doma compensated his empty "heart" with lies, learning to fake his emotions enough to deceive all but the most keen observers. He is shown to be a psychopath, lacking of empathy even for his dying parents and merely complaining about the smell of blood that hung in the room after their deaths.
In addition to his incapability to feel emotions, Doma had also displayed inhuman amounts of pain tolerance, comparable to borderline congenital analgesia. He had been shown to have several disturbing habits such as sticking his finger into his skull, puncturing a hole straight through his temples, and then fondling and fiddling with his brain in order to stimulate his memories from his long life with a completely serene expression in his face. During his interactions with fellow Upper Moon, Akaza, he showed no negative reactions to his fellow member delivering two fatal blows to his head, in fact, he considered this to be their form of personal "greeting" between two "best friends." Doma has even implied that he actually enjoys these physical abuses as seen when he morbidly asked Muzan with excitement on what type of extreme self harm he should inflict on himself as punishment for his failure, and again expressed delight upon the severe pain he felt at Shinobu Kocho's numerous attempts to poison him to death and even cheerfully expresses his delight on the feelings and sensations of the poison destroying his body and how he might actually grow to "like" it.
Despite leading a cult, Doma is an atheist who staunchly believes that gods, Buddhas, and the afterlife does not exist. He believed that after death there is nothing and that people who "could not accept something so simple" are naive and dumb. However, after his death, he accepted that he is wrong and that Heaven and Hell actually do exist. He also displayed what arguably is his first true emotion—a crush on Shinobu, asking: "Is this what people call love? You're cute, Shinobu."
Abilities and Powers
Having held the position of Upper Moon Two, Doma is considered to be the third strongest Demon in the series. His combination of battle techniques and skill is powerful enough to overwhelm and defeat Shinobu, the previous Insect Hashira, without any difficulty and he is also noted to have defeated Kanae Kocho, the previous Flower Hashira, in the past. According to Doma, Akaza, Upper Moon Three, would have no chance in defeating him in battle. Considering this, Doma can be presumed to be an extremely powerful Demon, even though he isn't seen fighting seriously until he is severely weakened by Shinobu's poison. He displayed immense speed by stealing Kanao's sword from her hands and Inosuke's mask from his head, moving away before they even noticed the items were gone.
- Dual Gunsern Fan: Doma's main form of offense and defense primarily involves him channeling his techniques via his two Gunsen War Fans, using them to both deliver powerful destructive attacks and parry attacks from his opponents. The fans also have the secondary function of scattering Doma's frozen ice dust whenever he waves and moves them to attack or block, spreading it out within his immediate area for his opponents to inhale during battle, since, once breathed in, it'll slowly destroy their lungs and render them unable to battle.
- Enhanced Regeneration: - Doma displayed incredibly powerful regenerative abilities, as seen when Akaza punched off both his lower jaw and his upper head and he swiftly regrew himself with little to no effort, even considering the fatal attack to be a friendly gesture. During his battle against Shinobu, he is able to break down and render all of the various poison mixtures Shinobu injected into him useless, immediately developing antibodies to her poisons without much trouble. Even when Doma himself absorbed her body and ingested over 37 kilograms worth of poison, approximately seven-hundred times more than the lethal amount needed to kill an average Demon, it still took a considerable amount of time before it began to have any adverse affect on him.
- Immense Durability & Endurance: - Another one of Doma's most notable traits is his immense durability and pain tolerance. He showed himself to possess almost complete immunity to being repeatedly violently attacked by his fellow Upper Moon, Akaza, having his eyes slashed out by Inosuke, being repeatedly poisoned and stabbed by Shinobu, having his stomach slashed open by Kanao and inflicting various forms of extreme self-harm to himself. Doma never once expressed the slightest bit of pain, discomfort and panic at being wounded so grievously, having been able to nonchalantly and calmly continue fighting, talking or doing whatever else he is doing as if nothing is happening.
- Absorption: - Doma displayed the ability to completely absorb and devour an entire human body without eating them, having completely broken down and incorporated Shinobu's body into his own within only a few seconds after killing her.
- Barren Hanging Garden (
枯 園 垂り Karesono Shizuri?) - A series of 8 to 10 successive attacks generated through the movement of Doma's fans. They moved rapidly to create gusts of razor-sharp attacks.
- Freezing Clouds (
凍て 曇Itegumori?) - A gust of wind generated by Doma's fan which created a cloud of ice particles, freezing objects that come into contact with it. It also spreaded cold air that, if so much as inhaled, could completely freeze and destroy the intended victim's lungs.
- Frozen Lotus (
蓮 葉 氷Hasuhagōri?) - Doma created various ice lotuses to attack or ensnare his target.
- Scattering Lotuses (
散り 蓮 華Chiri Renge?) - Doma created several slashes of snowfall and ice to tear through his opponent's flesh.
- Cold White Princesses (
寒 烈の 白 姫Kanretsu no Shirahime?) - Doma created two female humanoid figures with ice that were able to blow cold wind, similar to that of Freezing Clouds, towards their intended target. However, unlike Freezing Clouds, it is noted by Kanao Tsuyuri that this technique had a much larger and wider range. Doma noted that the princesses are able to record and save whatever they see, as Doma planned to record both Inosuke and Kanao's techniques in order to create suitable countermeasures against them.
- Wintry Icicles (
冬され 氷柱Fuyusare Tsurara?) - Doma created multiple ice spears/stakes to impale his target from a long range.
- Lotus Vines (
蔓 蓮 華Tsuru Renge?) - Doma created a blizzard of lotus petal-shaped shards of ice that he then sent towards his target to tear them to shreds.
- Crystalline Divine Child (
結 晶ノ 御 子Kesshō no Miko?) - Doma created miniature ice replicas of himself to battle his opponents. He is been shown to be capable of creating up to five clones of himself at once, all possessing the same amount of combat prowess as Doma himself and fully capable of using any of his Blood Demon Arts.
- In the manga's original Japanese, Doma's hair is described to be very light blond/gold in color, "birch-colored" (白橡 shiro tochi?), and this is how it's colored in the colored version of the Final Battle Arc. However, on Shonen Jump 2019 issue 29 and Chapter 162's covers (both of the covers he's on that were personally colored by Koyoharu Gotōge) and in the English translation, his hair is pictured/described as being a silver color.
- Muzan never really liked Doma.
- (To Gyutaro and Daki, before turning them into Demons) "Life is precious. You must treasure it."
- (To Akaza) "You're all my important comrades. I don't want to be without any of you."
- (To Kanao Tsuyuri) "You know... I have spoken to many girls, but... This is the first time I've talked to such an unkind girl as you. Why do you say such spiteful things?"