Kanata has pale, light skin and a set of large, dark eyes. Her hair is shaped into a blunt white bob haircut similar to the rest of her siblings. She adorns an elongated wisteria headpiece on the right side of her head as opposed to the left side like her brother.
During the Final Selection Arc, Kanata wore a purple, flower-patterned Hōmongi kimono with a dark indigo juban under it. She also sported a sheen green obi with a dark indigo obiage and a plum-red obijime tying it.
During the Infinity Castle Arc, Kanata wore a purple Edo komon kimono with a white juban under it, sporting a black obi with a white obiage and a pink obijime, completely identical to her twin sister Kuina Ubuyashiki.
Kanata's first appearance during the Final Selection depicts herself to be a professional, intelligent, and focused individual on her given task of explaining the proper details regarding the exam.
Kanata is more crybaby and timid in contrast to her sister Kuina, Kanata also displays a degree of emotional aloofness when describing the fatal consequences of the exam, given the likely chances that not even half of the gathered trainees would survive the test. This indifferent attitude is also seen during the exams ending when Kanata doesn't display any form of panic, fear, or intimidation despite being manhandled and threatened by Genya Shinazugawa.
However, Kanata does show a fragile side after the death of her parents and older sisters, breaking into tears when remembering them. Nonetheless, she is able to regain her composure when Kiriya reminds her to concentrate at the task at hand.
Extraordinary Memory: During the infiltration of the Infinity Castle by the Demon Slayer Corps, Kanata displays immense skill in memorization, having successfully memorized and mapped out the fortress's constantly changing structures. She also tracks the routes and locations of every Demon Slayer and Hashira within the fortress, providing logistical support to them along with her brother and sister.
- She is first named in Chapter 144.
- However, her headpiece was initially obscured which made identification impossible until Chapter 147. Though mistakenly drawn on her left side, its shape confirms her identity to be the same as the Final Selection examiner since her only other surviving sister has a shorter headpiece.
- She does not have good physical abilities. She is timid and faints when a spider touches the back of her hand. She is very good at the koto.
- (To Kiriya Ubuyashiki) "Be strong, Master!! Hurry up and give the next order!! The fight isn't over yet!!"
- Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Chapter 144 (Page 6).
- Kimetsu no Yaiba Second Fanbook.
- Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Chapter 8 (Pages 10-11).
- Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Chapter 8 (Pages 13-16).
- Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Chapter 147 (Page 2).
- Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Volume 21, (Extra Pages).
- Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Chapter 181 (Page 4).