This is the Blocking Policy for the Kimetsu no Yaiba Wiki. The following article contains information describing the course of action taken in response to violations of policies and guidelines.
What is blocking?
Blocking is the method by which administrators may technically prevent users from editing on the Kimetsu no Yaiba Wiki. Blocks are used to prevent damage or disruption rather than to punish users.
Any user may request a block to one of the administrators for major incidents of vandalism or disruption. Users requesting blocks should supply credible evidence of the circumstances warranting a block. Administrators are never obliged to place a block and are free to investigate the situation themselves. Because blocks may be reviewed and appealed, it is often important that the blocking and reviewing administrators each communicate with and take care to inform the other. Except in cases of unambiguous error, administrators should not undo other administrators' blocks without prior discussion.
Users who feel they have been falsely blocked can appeal their blocks by making a civil statement on the Community Central Message Wall of the responsible administrator. This should always be done calmly; any user who attacks an administrator over a block will be ignored.
Please do not message them on any wiki other than Community Central, as it will likely interfere with that wiki's local policies. If you cannot use Community Central for any reason, please contact them via Discord.
Reasons for blocking
Accounts may be blocked for behavior that damages or disrupts the wiki, including:
- Recurring vandalism, content removal, edit warring or spamming
- Recurring failure to keep civil, such as making personal attacks or not adhering to a basic standard of civility
- Recurring harassment, defined by Wikipedia as "a pattern of repeated offensive behavior that appears to a reasonable observer to intentionally target a specific person or [group of] persons"
- Abusing multiple accounts
- No clearly discernible intent to observe non-behavioral policies
- Having an inappropriate username
- Note: All above reasons count for both Discussions and Message Walls; don't use the latter as a way of avoiding punishment as it is still publicly visible and will easily be found by an administrator.
- Consistently going off-topic/necroposting in posts or replies
- Harassing/insulting other users
- Discussing political, religious or otherwise sensitive subjects
- Using slurs/consistently swearing/consistently using otherwise foul language
- Posting NSFW or otherwise inappropriate images/text
- Advertising other sites (e.g. personal wikis, personal social media accounts, any Discord servers outside of the affiliated KNY Discord & Fandom/Gamepedia's support server); in general, external links should only really be sent when sourcing fan content
Unless an account is clearly only for the purposes of disruption, communication and attempted rectification of behavior should occur before a block is considered.
Accounts may not be blocked for:
- Disagreeing with an administrator; this is conflict of interest
- "Cooling off" purposes; this usually only inflames the situation
Duration of blocks
The duration of the block given should depend on the severity of the behavior and the likelihood of its repetition. It is worth noting that users who try to sockpuppet around their block will only end up blocked on both accounts, and will have a longer block duration added to their main account.
Discussions blocks, except if they're against an account which was clearly only there with malicious intent, should be relatively short (usually between 1 week to 3 months) unless the user is a repeat offender or the offence was severe.
Any malicious sockpuppetry or extreme vandalism will result in a permanent block from the wiki.
Extension of blocks
Any user blocked from one of the properties of the wiki (the wiki itself, Discord server and the social network accounts) will be also blocked from the rest.