At the age of 24, she participated in the 70th Jump Treasure Newcomer Manga Awards in 2013 with the work Kagarigari (過狩り狩り). A 45 page demon slaying manga.
The next year, 2014, she her published debut in the Jump Next 2014 vol.2 issue, with a 45 page oneshot titled Monju Shirou Kyoudai (文殊史郎兄弟). Later that year, she created a new 46 page oneshot titled Rokkotsu-san (肋骨さん), published in Weekly Shonen Jump 2014-39 issue. The oneshot was part of Jump's Golden Future Cup as entry #3.
The following year, 2015, Gotouge created a new 47 pages oneshot Haeniwa no Zigzag (蠅庭のジグザグ), published again in Weekly Shonen Jump 2015-21 issue. The story is about Zigzag, who has a mysterious power to remove curses.
The 2016, Gotouge started her first serialization with Kimetsu no Yaiba (鬼滅の刃), in Weekly Shonen Jump 2016-11 issue. Kimetsu no Yaiba is a demon slaying manga loosely based on her first work Kagarigari.
- Kagarigari (過狩り狩り) (2013) Weekly Shōnen Jump official site (oneshot)
- Monju Shirou Kyoudai (文殊史郎兄弟) (2014) Jump Next 2014 vol.2 Issue (oneshot)
- Rokkotsu-san (肋骨さん) (2014) Weekly Shōnen Jump 2014-39 Issue (oneshot)
- Haeniwa no Zigzag (蠅庭のジグザグ) (2015) Weekly Shōnen Jump 2015-19 Issue (oneshot)
- Kimetsu no Yaiba (鬼滅の刃) (2016) Weekly Shōnen Jump 2016-11 Issue - Ongoing (series)