|“||Set your heart ablaze!||”|
Kyojuro is a young adult of tall stature with bright yellow hair with red streaks, black forked eyebrows, and golden eyes.
His outfit consists of the regular Demon Slayer uniform along with a white-yellow gradient pattern and red flame-like ridges at the end.
Kyojuro is greatly enthusiastic in regard to his duties as a Hashira, and often came across as cheerfully eccentric. He is amiable, kind and boasted extraordinary technique and swordsmanship stemming from strict practice and discipline. He is an honorable warrior who adhered to his code of morals and principles that is instilled into him by his mother at a young age—the most significant being his belief that those who were born strong have a duty to protect the weak.
Abilities and Powers
As a Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, Kyojuro is a very powerful swordsman. Even Demons as strong as Akaza, Upper Moon Three and the fourth-strongest of the known Demons, acknowledged Kyojuro's strength. He even went as far as to offer to turn Kyojuro into a Demon so he could surpass his human limits and become stronger, something he only offered to swordsmen whose abilities he believed were refined to their utmost. Akaza also complimented his battle spirit and stated that it is getting close to the "supreme territory," which meant that he is close to obtaining the see-through world, something only the strongest few Demon Slayers have access to. His father, Shinjuro Rengoku, stated that, after his son abandoned what he taught him, Kyojuro trained himself into the level of a Hashira after reading through an instruction book of the Breath of Flame style, a book which only had 3 volumes.
- Master Swordsman: As he is a Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, Kyojuro is one of the most powerful and skilled swordsmen in the entire organization. His mastery of the blade is best showcased during his battle with Akaza, in which he is able to hold his own against the Upper Moon even when gravely injured.
- Enhanced Strength: Kyojuro possessed great grip strength that is described as "unbelievable" by Akaza, despite the fact he is gravely injured during that time.
- Enhanced Speed: Kyojuro possessed great speed that even a trained Demon Slayer like Tanjiro couldn't see or follow, and could even cause tremors to the ground with it. Akaza is impressed with his speed.
- First Form: Unknowing Fire (
壱ノ 型 不知火Ichi no kata: Shiranui?): Kyojuro charges towards his opponent at high speed and decapitates them in one or multiple slashes. This technique had enough force to launch train carriages off the tracks a short distance.
- Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun (
弐ノ 型 昇り 炎 天Ni no kata: Nobori en ten?): An ascending slash. Kyojuro used this technique to slice Akaza's arm in half.
- Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation (
肆ノ 型 盛 炎のうねり Shi no kata: Sei en no uneri?): Kyojuro spins his sword in a circular motion, deflecting his enemies attacks.
- Fifth Form: Flame Tiger (
伍ノ 型 炎 虎Go no kata: Enko?): A series of sword slashes that take on the form of a tiger. Kyojuro used this technique to contest Akaza's War Style.
- Ninth Form: Rengoku (
玖ノ 型 煉 獄Ku no kata: Rengoku?) - A devastating dashing slash that Kyojuro initiates from a high stance, the technique had enough power to carve a deep impression in the ground where he used it. Before using this technique he remarked to himself about "thoroughly hollowing out most of the area."
- Kyojuro's surname means "Purgatory" (
- Kyojuro is ranked in 7th place as of the first character popularity poll with 1,021 votes.
- Kyojuro loves to watch sumo wrestling.
- Kyojuro's favorite food is sweet potatoes. When he eats them, he says "isshoi! isshoi!"
- His favourite side dish is salt grilled bream.
- Kyojuro was never allowed to have a pet because his father hated animals.
- (To the train Demon) "The Red Flame Sword of Rengoku will burn you down to the bone!"
- (To Senjuro Rengoku) "And you're different from me, Senjuro! You have an older brother. And he believes in his younger brother. No matter what path you take, you'll be a wonderful person! With a burning passion in your heart. Do your best! Do your best to live!"
- (To Akaza) "Growing old and dying is the beauty of the fleeting creature called a human being. Because they grow old, because they die. They are tremendous. Lovable. And precious. what they call 'strength' isn't a word that is used in regards to the body."
- (To Tanjiro Kamado) "If you get knocked down by your own weakness and cowardice, flame up your heart, grit your teeth and move forward. Even if you stop in your tracks and cower, you're not gonna stop the flow of time. Don't be saddened by the fact that we're all reaching the end."