|“||Keep your heart burning!||”|
Kyojuro is a young adult of tall stature with bright yellow hair with red streaks, black forked eyebrows, and golden eyes.
His outfit consists of the regular Demon Slayer uniform along with a white-yellow gradient pattern and red flame-like ridges at the end.
Kyojuro is greatly enthusiastic in regard to his duties as a Hashira, and often came across as cheerfully eccentric. He is amiable, kind and boasted extraordinary technique and swordsmanship stemming from strict practice and discipline. He is an honorable warrior who adhered to his code of morals and principles that is instilled into him by his mother at a young age—the most significant being his belief that those who were born strong have a duty to protect the weak.
Abilities and Powers
As a Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, Kyojuro is a very powerful swordsman. Even Demons as strong as Akaza, Upper Rank 3 and the fourth-strongest of the known Demons, acknowledged Kyojuro's strength. He even went as far as to offer to turn Kyojuro into a Demon so he could surpass his human limits and become stronger, something he only offered to swordsmen whose abilities he believed were refined to their utmost. Akaza also complimented his battle spirit and stated that it is getting close to the "domain of supremacy," which meant that he is close to obtaining the transparent world, something only the strongest few Demon Slayers have access to. His father, Shinjuro Rengoku, stated that, after his son abandoned what he taught him, Kyojuro trained himself into the level of a Hashira after reading through an instruction book of the Flame Breathing style, a book which only had 3 volumes.
- Master Swordsman: As he is a Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, Kyojuro is one of the most powerful and skilled swordsmen in the entire organization. His mastery of the blade is best showcased during his battle with Akaza, in which he is able to hold his own against the Upper Rank even when gravely injured.
- Enhanced Strength: Kyojuro possessed great grip strength that is described as "unbelievable" by Akaza, despite the fact he is gravely injured during that time.
- Enhanced Speed: Kyojuro possessed great speed that even a trained Demon Slayer like Tanjiro couldn't see or follow, and could even cause tremors to the ground with it. Akaza is impressed with his speed.
- First Form: Unknowing Fire (
壱ノ 型 不知火Ichi no kata: Shiranui?) - Kyojuro charges towards his opponent at high speed and decapitates them in one or multiple slashes. This technique had enough force to launch train carriages off the tracks a short distance.
- Second Form: Rising Scorching Sun (
弐ノ 型 昇り 炎 天Ni no kata: Nobori en ten?) - An ascending slash. Kyojuro used this technique to slice Akaza's arm in half.
- Fourth Form: Blooming Flame Undulation (
肆ノ 型 盛 炎のうねり Shi no kata: Sei en no uneri?) - Kyojuro spins his sword in a circular motion, deflecting his enemies attacks.
- Fifth Form: Flame Tiger (
伍ノ 型 炎 虎Go no kata: Enko?) - A series of sword slashes that take on the form of a tiger. Kyojuro used this technique to contest Akaza's Destructive Death: Disorder.
- Ninth Form: Rengoku (
玖ノ 型 煉 獄Ku no kata: Rengoku?) - A devastating dashing slash that Kyojuro initiates from a high stance, the technique had enough power to carve a deep impression in the ground where he used it. Before using this technique he remarked to himself about "slashing up a broad area."
- Kyojuro's surname means "Purgatory" (
- Kyojuro is ranked in 7th place as of the first character popularity poll with 1,021 votes.
- Kyojuro loves to watch sumo wrestling.
- Kyojuro's favorite food is sweet potatoes. When he eats them, he says "Delicious!"
- His favorite side dish is salt grilled bream.
- Kyojuro was never allowed to have a pet because his father hated animals.
- (To the train Demon) "However, if you bare your fangs at innocent people, my bright red flame blade will burn you to the bone!"
- (To Senjuro Rengoku) "And, Senjuro, you're different from me! You have a big brother! And he believes in his little brother! Whatever path you walk you'll be a great person! You have a burning passion in your heart! So let's do our best! Let's work hard in life! Even if we're lonely!"
- (To Akaza) "Growing old and dying is what gives meaning and beauty to the fleeting span of a human life. It's precisely because we age and die that our lives have value and nobility. Strength is not a word that means much in regard to the flesh."
- "I will fulfill my duty! I won't let anyone here die!"
- (To Tanjiro Kamado) "Stand tall and be proud. No matter how weak or unworthy you feel keep your heart burning, grit your teeth and move forward. If you just curl up in a ball and hide, time will pass you by. It won't stop for you while you wallow in your grief."