|“||Iguro, please...if we're reborn, and we're reborn as humans...can I be your bride?||”|
Mitsuri is a curvaceous young woman with fair skin and round, light green eyes with notably long eyelashes, a small mole beneath each of them. She has long, pale pink hair that fades into a neon green color at the halfway point, which she wears in three thick braids with five shorter clumps hanging over her face as bangs. When she was trying to get married, her hair was dyed black in an attempt to make herself look more "normal."
Mitsuri wears a modified purple tinted version of the standard Demon Slayer uniform; the breast area is left unbuttoned to accommodate her chest size and she wears a short skirt in place of the usual hakama, and a plain white haori. As well as this, she wears a pair of navy blue thigh-high socks, over which she also sports the striped lime green socks Obanai Iguro gave to her, and pink laced footwear.
When at the Swordsmith Village, she wore a kimono with floral designs.
During her's and the other remaining Hashira' fight against Muzan, Mitsuri's left and back braids are cut off by Muzan Kibutsuji's attacks, now shortened to shoulder length, and part of her left ear is also torn at the side.
Mitsuri is a very emotional and passionate person, who is constantly complimenting people in her head, which likely relates to why she is called the 'The Hashira of Love.' She is rather shy, and is always soft and kind to others, most notably to Obanai, whom she appears to share an especially strong bond with, but is easily flustered and can't take insults very well. However, despite her gentle demeanor, Mitsuri will show no mercy in the face of Demons, instead expressing such sentiments with a passionate tone. She used to feel very guilty for joining the Corps for such a shallow reason as finding a husband, though she has since gotten over those feelings.
She is desperate for marriage, however, since she wants to find a man who's stronger than her, which is rather difficult due to her ludicrous strength.
Besides her rather emotional and loving personality, Mitsuri can also come off as somewhat childlike at times. When she is asked to explain the process of obtaining the Demon Slayer Mark, she describes it using noises and sounds. When the others hear this their reactions embarrass Mitsuri, causing her to start blushing.
Beyond that, Mitsuri has showcased a great amount of dedication to the Demon Slayers' cause. Despite of being put out of commission by Muzan at an early stage in their battle, she still comes in and fights back, even insulting Muzan as she does so.
She is a very caring person, always showing others her love as befits her Hashira title. When many Demon Slayers risk and sacrifice their lives to protect the remaining Hashira, she begs them to stop and not get themselves killed. She can get rather excitable, grabbing her friends for a big group hug after the battle against Gyokko and Hantengu.
When she is slashed by Muzan and taken out of the battle by Obanai, she says she wants to be of use and not drag everyone else down. She even begs for Obanai to come back and not get himself killed. This alludes to her love for him, the person she can finally feel for and be loved by. She shares Obanai's hope that they could reincarnate, meet each other and get married in other life.
Abilities and Powers
As a Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, Mitsuri is a very powerful swordsman.
- Master Swordsman: Being a Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, Mitsuri is one of the most powerful and skilled swordsmen in the entire organization.
- Enhanced Speed: In her battle against Upper Rank 4, she is able to outpace his normal attacks, thus forcing the Upper Rank to start using Blood Demon Arts. After awakening her Demon Slayer Mark, her speed increases even further. That said, she is not as fast as some of her fellow Hashira, as shown in the battle against Muzan, where she struggled to keep up with him, forcing her to rely on luck and instinct to dodge. This proved unsuccessful as she was hit by multiple attacks, forcing her out of the fight entirely.
- Enhanced Strength:Since the age of one, Mitsuri possessed immense strength allowing her to carry heavy objects, some weighing about 120 pounds. In the battle against Muzan, Mitsuri was even able to physically grab hold of one of Muzan's tentacles and rip it off, without the use of her blade.
- Unique Constitution: Mitsuri has a special muscle composition with a density eight times that of a regular human. While her limbs are thin, they possess unbelievable strength and endurance capable of maintaining her body's structure after a point-blank attack from Upper Rank 4. To maintain the composition of her body, Mitsuri eats as much as three sumo wrestlers.
- Flexibility: As well as her body's extreme physical strength and durability, Mitsuri also possesses incredible flexibility and nimble reflexes, being capable of dodging and outpacing Upper Rank Four's attacks and making use of this unique constitution and flexibility to deliver powerful attacks.
- Demon Slayer Mark: During her battle against Upper Rank 4, Hantengu's Hatred Clone, Zohakuten (憎珀天), Mitsuri had unconsciously awakened and obtained her Demon Slayer mark, that takes the form of two hearts upside down and opposite from each other with angel wings on both sides where the two heart tips meet that appear near her neck, close to her clavicle. When this manifested, Mitsuri's physical strength, endurance, precision and power increased dramatically to the point she was able to stand on equal grounds against Zohakuten, while he was unleashing his most powerful techniques against her.
- Unique Weapon: Mitsuri wields a "Love Sword" that is extremely thin and soft like a whip. She possesses the fastest techniques of the Hashira due to the strong suppleness of her blade, the softness of her muscles, and the mobility of her joints. Due to the difficulty of wielding her sword, only she can use it. Like Shinobu Kocho, Obanai Iguro , Tengen Uzui, and Gyomei Himejima, the weapon Mitsuri wields was exclusively created for use by her. Unlike Shinobu and Gyomei, who used their unique weapons as compensation for their flaws (relatively weak body and blindness), Mitsuri uses her weapon to take advantage of her natural gifts.
Love Breathing (
- First Form: Shivers of First Love (
壱ノ 型 初 恋のわななき Ichi no kata: Hatsukoi no wananaki?): Mitsuri dashes forward with a series of slashes.
- Third Form: Catlove Shower (
参ノ 型 恋 猫しぐれ San no kata: Koi neko shigure?): Mitsuri leaps and unleashes a series of ranged arced attacks in quick succession.
- Fifth Form: Swaying Love - Wildclaw (
伍ノ 型 揺らめく 恋 情・ 乱れ 爪Go no kata: Yurameku renjō midarezume?): Mitsuri somersaults backwards through the air creating a long whiplike string of attacks, before coiling her sword around her opponents neck.
- Sixth Form: Cat-Legged Winds of Love (
陸ノ 型 猫 足 恋 風Roku no kata: Neko ashi koi kaze?): Mitsuri twirls upside-down and creates a helical slash with her sword, deflecting incoming attacks.
- Mitsuri was ranked in 12th place as of the first character popularity poll with 280 votes.
- Mitsuri's hair color is said to be the way it is because of her eating too much sakura mochi.
- Her striped socks were a gift from Obanai, as she was initially very embarrassed wearing her uniform.
- Mitsuri's mentor was Kyojuro. She derived her Love Breathing from his Flame Breathing.
- It is revealed in an omake that her current uniform is made by a Kakushi member; who also initially gave the same design to Shinobu, Kanao, and Aoi. Although unlike the others who burned their uniforms, Mitsuri opted to keep wearing it, as she couldn't manage to burn her uniform as well.
- Mitsuri enjoys eating western and western-inspired food, such as pancakes and omurice.
- Because of how much she eats, her food expenses are ridiculously high.
- Mitsuri and Shinobu get along quite well due to them having been the only two female Hashira after Kanae's death. She also teaches Shinobu western cooking.
- Mitsuri owns a rabbit.
- A few of Mitsuri's attacks are named after cats, due to the fact that she used to own a cat as a child. She and Gyomei enjoy talking about cats together.
- When putting her sword back into its sheath, she bends it back and twirls it around due to its form.
- Mitsuri's weapon resembles and may be based off of a South Indian weapon known as the urumi due to its flexible, whip-like form.
- Mitsuri can eat 100 sticks of dango.
- Mitsuri shares both her Japanese and English voice actresses with Kogyoku Ren from Magi and Risa from Phantasy Star Online 2.