- 1. Cruelty
- 2. The Stranger
- 3. Return by Dawn
- 4. Tanjiro's Journal, Part One
- 5. Tanjiro's Journal, Part Two
- 6. A Mountain of Hands
- 7. Spirits of the Deceased
In Taisho-era Japan, Kamado Tanjiro is a kindhearted boy who makes a living selling charcoal. But his peaceful life is shattered when a demon slaughters his entire family. His little sister Nezuko is the only survivor, but she has been transformed into a demon herself! Tanjiro sets out on a dangerous journey to find a way to return his sister to normal and destroy the demon who ruined his life.
Learning to slay demons won't be easy, and Tanjiro barely knows where to start. The surprise appearance of another boy named Giyu, who seems to know what's going on, might provide some answers...but only if Tanjiro can stop Giyu from killing his sister first!
|“||They're publishing a graphic novel by me! Thank you! And heartfelt thanks to all the readers, my editors over the years, my assistants, everyone in the Jump editorial department, everyone at the printer, the people who designed the book, and the many other people who have offered their help!||”|
—Koyoharu Gotōge, Volume 1
- Series titles that were under consideration:
- Mysterious Story of the Demon Slayer (Kimetsu Kitan)
- Demon Demon Slayer Slayer (Kikimetsumetsu);
- Evil Demon Slayer (Akkimetsumetsu);
- Sword of the Demon Killer (Kisatsu no Yaiba);
- Strange Tale of the Demon Slayer (Metsumetsu Kitan);
- Tale of the Demon Killer (Kisatsutan);
- The Fantastic Strange Tale of the Demon Slayer (Kuso Kimetsu Kitan);
- Demon Hunting God of Fire (Onigari Kugatsuchi);
- Charred God of Fire (Sumi no Kagutsuchi)
- 2. The author reveals that one of the hosts from the Final Selection was actually a boy.
Words of Gratitude
- The author thanks everyone that read and bought the manga. They also remark that manga is not absolutely necessary for survival and that getting people to buy is tough and proceeds to again thank the reader. They then promised to continue working even harder and to keep the series interesting.
- They also take time to thank people for the letters they have received, and although they make them very happy, they can't reply which they are very sorry. They then ask for forgiveness and say that they'll continue doing their best.
- Chapter 3 is titled Return by Dawn on the chapter cover, however, the volume's table of contents titles it To Return by Dawn Without Fail.