Sometime in the past, a family was saved from demons by the Demon Slayer Corps. To express their gratitude, the family designed their family crest with a Wisteria Flower so Corps members would be able to identify the home, and stay there free of charge.
- During the Final Selection, Wisteria is used to keep the Demons trapped on Mount Fujikasane, hence the name "Fujikasane," which translates to "covered in wisteria".
- Following the Final Selection, Wisteria is used to engrave the ranks of the corps members on the back of their hands.
- Wisteria can be used to create poisons which can paralyze regular Demons and immobilize Lower Ranks of the Twelve Kizuki. In high enough concentrations, as used by Shinobu Kocho, these poisons are shown to be capable of dissolving almost any demon, negating their regeneration powers.
- With the help of Tamayo and Yushiro, Shinobu was also able to utilize Wisteria Flower Poison in modifying her own body. In preparation against Doma, Shinobu willingly altered her own physiology so that every single cell of her flesh was coated in Wisteria Poison, with her body effectively becoming a undetectable, human poison capsule that would slowly destroy the body of even the highest Upper Ranks of the Twelve Kizuki with enough time once they devour her. As stated by her, with her bodies overall size and and body weight, she is 37 kilograms worth of poison, approximately seven-hundred times more than the lethal amount needed to kill an average demon.
- Wisteria is used by Shinobu to create a medication which would turn a Demon back into a human.
- Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Chapter 27 (Page 11).
- Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Chapter 6 (Page 8).
- Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Chapter 6.
- Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Chapter 75 (Page 9).
- Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Chapter 90 (Page 1).
- Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Chapter 162 (Page 4).
- Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Volume 19, (Extra Pages).
- Kimetsu no Yaiba Manga: Chapter 202 (Page 15).