|“||I've... been protecting it... because you... said that... this thing is more important to you... than your own life...||”|
Zenitsu Agatsuma (
Zenitsu has short blond hair, which was originally black, and brown eyes with thick eyebrows. He wears the standard Demon Hunter uniform underneath a white-triangle pattern, yellow haori.
Zenitsu is a coward, always claiming he doesn't have long to live due to the dangerous job of being a Demon Hunter. He is also a bit of a womanizer and likes to hit on girls who he thinks are cute and ask them to marry him much to their annoyance.
Zenitsu has low self-esteem but still wants to live up to the expectations others set up for him. However, he was constantly afraid and would always cry and run away. He claims he wants to live a modest life where he can be useful to someone.
Despite all his spinelessness, Zenitsu holds great respect and admiration towards his comrades and his deceased teacher, Jigoro Kuwajima. His focus and drive in avenging him wash away all his cowardice and second thoughts.
Abilities and Powers
Enhanced Sense of Hearing: Zenitsu has a heightened sense of hearing, allowing him to detect danger from even the faintest of sounds. He could also hear the inner thoughts of people if he uses the sense of hearing to its fullest ability, this ability also allows him to immediately locate demons by hearing the different sound produced by the demons' body in comparison to a humans.
Unconscious Combat: Zenitsu becomes stronger when he sleeps. When his life is in danger, the fear he experiences exceeds his limits making him fall unconscious. When Zenitsu is asleep, he can perform his swordsmanship at a high level purely based on instinct alone. However, as he continues to improve his skills and courage, he begins to depend on this ability less and less and begins showcasing the same skill and ability when conscious.
Breath of Thunder Style (
- First Style: Thunderclap and Flash (
壱ノ 型 霹 靂 一 閃Ichi no kata: Hekireki Issen?): The user dashes forward and slashes at their opponent with incredible speed. Zenitsu has honed this ability to the extent of being able to repeat the dash multiple times in quick succession. He usually goes for Six Fold ( 六 連Roku ren?) (six dashes) but has been able to dash eight times within one use of the technique.
- God Speed: Zenitsu can utilise this technique to augment the speed of his Thunder Clap Flash further. He is only able to use this ability twice a day. After the second time, his legs become useless.
- Seventh Style: Flaming Thunder God (Shichi no kata: Honoikazuchi no kami): This is the seventh form that Zenitsu created himself. The user creates a dragon-like creature emitting fire and thunder. This form alongside God Speed allows Zenitsu to move extremely fast, allowing him to defeat upper moon six, Kaigaku. Before Kaigaku died, Zenitsu confessed that this form was unique to himself and that he had created it in hopes of fighting alongside Kaigaku as an equal.
- In a twitcasting broadcast segment for Kimetsu no Yaiba, Gotouge said that his name was pronounced as [Zenitsu→] with a more dragged out "suu" syllable instead of a strong emphasis on "zen" [Zen↑itsu]. The pronunciation also goes as "zen-i-tsu" where usualy the n and i are separated by an apostrophe, making it Zen'itsu to not be misread as "ze-nitsu".
- Zenitsu's hair was originally black, but when he hid up in a tree during training, lightning struck him and his hair turned blond.
- Zenitsu was ranked in 2nd place as of the first character popularity poll with 4,299 votes.
- (To Tanjiro Kamado) "So you were carrying such a cute girl with you... You were carrying such a cute girl with you every single day... and going about your journey with such joy... Give me back the blood I bled for you!!!"